Easy Steps to Basic Health
The truth is that good health isn’t achieved by doing one or two things (such as diet and exercise), but it can be achieved by following a regimen. Ughhh….does the word regimen make your stomach turn or do discouraging words like “complicated” or “impossible” pop into your brain?
Here are ten easy steps to good health that everyone can accomplish, and you can get started today!
1. The first commandment is to pray. Our health is our biggest asset, yet so many of us do not pray for our health until we are sick. Prayer is as vital to our health as food and water and is a first and easy step on the road to good health.
2. The next commandment is to drink water. Drink half your body weight in ounces of purified water every day. If you weigh 160 pounds, you need to drink 80 ounces of water. There are complete instructions to make sure your water is purified and stored correctly in The Ten Commandments of Ultimate Health.
3. The third commandment is to sleep. You probably know that sleep is essential for good health, but did you know that going to bed by 10 p.m. provides maximum psychological and physical healing. Turn off your iPad, cell phone, and computer and get to bed – early! Your body will thank you for it.
4. Commandment four is to eat clean, living food. Roast some organic vegetables (beets, peppers, zucchini, and carrots) at 400 degrees for 20 to 30 minutes. Add a little organic olive oil and you will feel like an award-winning chef. The food that God provided us with is the most flavorful.
5. If you currently don’t follow the fifth commandment, chiropractic care, you need to begin researching it today. There is one reason why most insurance companies cover chiropractic–it works! If you haven’t tried chiropractic before, take a closer look. If you use a chiropractor, make an appointment monthly to keep your body aligned and healthy.
6. Commandment six is exercise. Choose an exercise routine that you enjoy. It should be fun . . . something that you can do daily. It takes three weeks for anything to become a habit; therefore, if you enjoy what you are doing, you are more likely to stick with it.
7. The seventh commandment is purification. There are many ways to begin to purify your body. The first step is to chew your food. When you chew your food, enzymes are secreted in your mouth that aid the digestion process. When you predigest the food in your mouth, it puts less stress on the digestive process.
8. Everyone can benefit from the eighth commandment, taking nutritional supplements, to promote detoxification and increase cell function. Consider finding a qualified professional to help you discover what supplements your body needs.
9. Stress is everywhere and managing stress is the ninth commandment. Getting into good health habits, even the simple ones listed in this article, can prepare your body both psychologically and physically for the stress you experience on a daily basis.
10. The tenth commandment is to be open to emotional and spiritual healing. Emotional pain is tough! It is tough to deal with but even harder to carry around, and it can have a serious impact on your physical health. I go into depth on this topic in The Ten Commandments of Ultimate Health; however, you can start today by remembering God’s love for you, reading scripture, and journaling.
If good health came from following the latest celebrity diet or joining a swanky gym, we would all be well. It is time to get back to the basics, with prayer as our foundation; the biblically based ten commandments of ultimate health can lead us to a brighter and healthier tomorrow.