Do you dream big?
“Where there is no vision, a people perish.” Proverbs 29: 18a (KJV)
The Bucket List Dare is a collection about four friends who dare each other to dream big! They’re coming up on their thirtieth birthdays and decide to tackle the biggest item on their want-to-someday bucket lists. Like my character, Arabel Milligan in “Her Impossible Dream,” my big dream is to visit the lands of my ancestors starting with Scotland.
I need those good friends to help me gain the courage to run toward the take-off. I start by bouncing the idea around in my head and doing a little research. Then I move to talking about it with safe people, people I know I can trust, as I take baby steps in the planning. Then, to those not in the “know,” it looks like I’ve leaped into the unknown. But really, there’s been a lot of behind-the-scenes discussion and research and work.
10 Tips to Dream Big (and make those dreams come to fruition)
- Ask God to make your way clear IF it’s His will.
- Read a lot on that dream. (I have a shelf full of books on Scotland right now.)
- Talk to trusted friends for ideas.
- Find out if there’s a financial investment.
- Begin saving or taking steps to earn the funds.
- Research what it would take and create a plan.
- Break that plan down into steps, including annual, quarterly, monthly, weekly, daily tasks.
- Write a deadline date and make it real.
- Have an accountability partner or group who will hold you to your word, but not criticize if circumstances (not excuses) require changes in the plan.
- When your accountability partner recognizes an excuse, discuss (is it fear, procrastination, priorities?) and don’t defend. Listen and take it to prayer to help you overcome that hindrance.
Angela Breidenbach is a best-selling author of romance through the ages and host of Historically Speaking (Along Came a Writer Network), Grace Under Pressure Radio, and a brand new weekly show, Lit Up! starting February 2017. Angela is the Christian Author Network’s president. http://www.AngelaBreidenbach.com
Facebook/Twitter/Pinterest/Instagram: @AngBreidenbach where you’ll find Muse and Writer