March into a Deeper Faith
0 comments Posted on March 20, 2017
Are you looking to go deeper in faith? Here are a few strategies to help you M.A.R.C.H. into a faith that brings you closer to God.
- Make a plan. We plan for vacations, we plan for meals and we plan for retirement, so why not make a plan to grow in our faith? Without a plan, chances of stumbling upon a deeper faith are slim. Your local Christian bookstore staff can direct you to some great resources.
- Ask for accountability. Once you have the plan in place, tell a friend. Ask her to hold you accountable each week for implementing the plan. She may even join you.
- Refuel often. Sunday worship is not enough to keep most of us focused on God all week. Turn off the radio and put on a worship CD, go for a walk and listen to the birds sing, or read the Psalms or a new devotional book and spend some time praising God.
- Choose thankfulness. When Pollyanna didn’t get what she asked for as a gift, but instead received crutches, she decided to be thankful she didn’t need the crutches. Thankfulness is a choice.
- Heart only for Him. Deuteronomy 11:16 warns us to check our hearts, for this world tempts us to place things, people, desires and needs on the throne that is meant only for the One True God. Do a heart check up, and then pledge your all only to Him.