Seeing Your Pain Lead to Your Purpose
In my newest book, When a Woman Overcomes Life’s Hurts, I talk about the joy and healing that comes by reinvesting in the lives of others.
Did you come from an abusive home? There are other children experiencing that today. What can you do to be an “angel of encouragement” in their lives?
Have you lived through the pain of betrayal and rejection in your marriage? There are other women experiencing the same thing right now. How can you be a shoulder to cry on and a source of strength in their lives?
Did you deal with the shame of a past abortion? There are many women who need to hear how you found God’s hope, healing and forgiveness.
Did you live through the fear and trepidation of a teenage pregnancy? There are girls in your neighborhood or in your church who are walking that lonely road right now. Can you offer them acceptance, support and encouragement by letting them know they are not alone?
Be a blessing in the lives of others by:
- Looking backward — at where God has brought you. What pain in your life can you help someone else through?
- Looking Inward — at what God has done in you. How has He prepared you, through your pain, to be an encouragement in someone else’s life?
- Looking outward – at those who need help. Where are the women who are now experiencing what you once did?
- Looking upward — at God’s strength and equipping. Depend on Him to enable you to strengthen someone else.
- Looking forward – to the doors that God will open for you. Pray now for opportunities to be a blessing in someone else’s life.
By helping someone else find hope, you are speeding up your own road to healing and wholeness. And you are living out the purpose in your pain.
Cindi McMenamin is a national speaker and author of several books, including When a Woman Overcomes Life’s Hurts.