by Sherry Kyle
Are you joyful? Maybe your life is going along smoothly! You have a baby in your arms, you own your own home, and you have a career you love. But maybe your life isn’t going the way you planned. You are late paying your mortgage, your kids are fighting, and your marriage is on shaky ground. How can you choose joy this Christmas season when everything is going wrong?
You can find joy and peace by relying on God and changing the way you THINK. Did you know that out of the 60,000 thoughts people have per day that 48,000 of those thoughts are usually negative? No wonder we have a hard time being joyful! But we can change that number by fixing our thoughts on what God says is important: whatever is true, honorable, right, pure, lovely, admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things. (Philippians 4:8)
The truth is each day is a gift and you can choose joy no matter what is going on in your life. You can choose to focus on how much God loves you, or you can think about all the difficult things that happen. The more you read the Bible and spend time with God, the more positive and joyful you will be. Yes, you can you choose joy this Christmas season—and every day of the year.
Bake these delicious snicker doodle cookies and bring JOY to someone’s life!
Snicker Doodle Cookies
What you need:
1 ½ cups sugar
½ cup softened butter
½ cup shortening
2 large eggs
2 ¾ cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons cream of tartar
1 teaspoon baking soda
¼ teaspoon salt
3 tablespoons sugar
3 teaspoons cinnamon
What you do:
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Mix together 1 ½ cups sugar, butter, shortening, and eggs in a large bowl. Add in the flour, cream of tartar, baking soda and salt.
- Chill dough in the refrigerator for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mix 3 tablespoons sugar, and 3 teaspoons cinnamon in a small bowl.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls, and then roll in cinnamon-sugar mixture. Place 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes. Remove from cookie sheet and place on a wire rack to cool.
- Place cookies in a basket or container and give them away!
The Lord has done it on this day. Let us be joyful today and be glad. —Psalm 118:24
Sherry Kyle writes award-winning books for kids, including The Christian Girl’s Guide to Style, Love, Lexi: Letters to God, and True Heart Girls Devotional: God’s Promises for Me. Sherry also writes novels set along the coast of California, where she makes her home with her husband and their four children. www.sherrykyle.com