Choosing the Right Gift
0 comments Posted on December 12, 2018
by Cheri Cowell
Whether you shop all year, or brave the crowds on Black Friday, all of us desire to find just the right gift for everyone on our list. Here are a few tips to help make that goal a reality.
- Begin with a list. That may sound too simplistic, but keeping the list in your head adds to the stress of the holidays, and you run the risk of overlooking someone.
- Add a dollar goal to each name. You may think that sounds cold-hearted, but it is biblical (count the cost), and I’ve found God honors our desire to be good stewards.
- Determine the purpose of the gift. Are you saying, thank you, I love you, you are special, you are recognized or simply “Be Merry”?
- Next, decide if any of the gifts can be handmade, homemade or even an act of service. A note explaining why you chose this kind of gift will make it one of the most meaningful gifts they’ll receive.
- Finally, take your list to your local Christian bookstore and ask for help. They will be eager to help you find the perfect gift that is within budget and will say exactly what you are longing to say.