How to Pray When You Need a Miracle (Part 2)
Through the experiences I mentioned yesterday, I’ve learned much about praying for miracles, and I want to share a few miracle prayer tips with you:
- No matter what you are going through, know that God loves you and has not forgotten you.
- Miracles are not about praying the perfect prayer; miracles are about what happens when we welcome God’s presence and power into our situations and lives.
- Stop believing that your problems are caused because God hates you or is angry at you. Problems come because we live in a fallen world and because we have an enemy who loves to interfere with, lie to and deceive us.
- If you give God your bitterness, you’ll be free to draw nearer to Him and to feel His miraculous comfort. In fact, many of our prayers are not answered because we are not willing to forgive. But the good news is that God will supply the power to forgive if we but choose to forgive.
- Realize that the miracle we seek may not come the way we expect. For example, think of young Joseph who was sold into slavery before finally being tossed into an Egyptian jail for a crime he didn’t commit. But it was because he was in prison, that Joseph was in place to lead a nation, as well as his own family, out of the perils of famine. In fact, Joseph told his brothers, “You intended to harm me, but God intended it for good to accomplish what is now being done, the saving of many lives” (Genesis 50:20 NIV).
Let’s put these concepts into a prayer:
Thank You that You have not forgotten me. I welcome You and Your love and forgiveness for me (through Jesus) into my life. I also welcome Your presence into my troubles. I know that the enemy would love to use my struggles to embitter and deceive me, but You have Your own purposes; to put me in the right place at the right time, to minister to others and to see You move in Your wonderful miraculous ways on my behalf. Remove all hindrances to the miracles You have for me, including my own bitterness—not through my power but through Yours. Open my eyes so that I can see that You are at work, turning my difficulties into miracles.
In Jesus’ name,
Linda Evans Shepherd is a bestselling author member of Christian Author Network and the President and founder of Advanced Writers and Speakers Association. She is the publisher of Leading Hearts Magazine as well as the author of a series of prayer books from Baker Revell including the just released How to Pray When you Need a Miracle.