What information do we collect? When you sign up for our online subscriptions, we collect your name, address, phone number, email address and demographic information (e.g. age or income level).
How will we use it? We gather this information to get a better understanding of who you are and to better serve you personally. MTL Media or our partners may also use the information collected to occasionally notify you about special promotions, events, products updates, services and special offers you may find valuable. You must “opt-in” at here in order to receive this information via email from our partners.
Our site’s order and survey forms require users to give us contact information (e.g. name, address and email address) and, if applicable, financial information (e.g. credit card numbers). Contact information from these forms is used to ship purchases.
We do not sell your personal information to others. However, we do rent customer lists and email lists to our partners of those subscribers who have “opt-in.” We may provide aggregate statistics about our customers, traffic patterns and related demographic information to our partners, but these statistics will include no personally identifying information.
a. Passes no significant information about the user to the Internet or to MTL
b. Is not analyzed to yield any information. We use “cookies” for the following interaction with our Web sites:
Navigation and Personalization
Some actions that a user may take on MTL, particularly during Web publishing, may cause us to take the user through a series of steps that can be entered from a variety of locations. To make sure that we return the user to where they expect to be when they complete these steps, MTL will frequently send the user’s browser a cookie to mark their current location. This sort of Web server “bookmark” helps us to provide a positive, predictable user experience for more sophisticated operations. If you choose to personalize your online visit with us by providing your name and city, we set a permanent cookie to display the information each time you visit. This “cookie” can be disabled or removed within your browser settings. However, browsers that have cookies disabled will always remain at “guest” status. We also use them to deliver content specific to your interests, to keep track of your shopping cart and to make sure you don’t see the same ad repeatedly.
Bulletin Board, Forums and Blogs
This site has message boards, forums, blogs and/or news groups available to its users. Please remember that any information that is disclosed in these areas becomes public information and you should exercise caution when deciding to disclose your personal information.
This site contains links to other sites. MTL Media is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such Web sites.
Security of Information Collected
The customer data we collect is protected against unauthorized access. MTL Media maintains personal information gathered online in a secure environment protected from unauthorized third party access, alteration or misuse. Information collected from online visitors is stored on a database and other servers kept in secure locations under the custody and control of MTL Media or its third party vendors. MTL Media also uses technologies and processes such as encryption, access control procedures and network firewalls to protect such servers. User accounts and related information are password protected using industry-standard, commercially reasonable methods. MTL Media makes commercially reasonable efforts to protect such information and to limit its use and disclosure of such information as described herein but cannot guarantee the infallibility of such efforts.
Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA)
1. We will NOT collect, use or distribute to third parties personally identifiable information without prior verifiable parental consent.
2. We will NOT give the child access to unmonitored chat rooms, message boards, email accounts, or other services that would give the child the ability to publicly post or otherwise distribute personally identifiable information without prior verifiable parental consent.
3. When verifiable parental consent is not obtained, we will only use the online contact information (such as email) to:
a. Respond directly to the child’s request on a one-time basis and not use that information to re-contact the child for other purposes.
b. Request the name or online contact information of a parent for the purpose of obtaining verifiable parental consent or providing parental notification.
c. Respond more than once directly to a specific request from a child (such as in the case where a child requests a subscription) and not used to re-contact the child for other purposes. We will use our best efforts to provide parental notification, which will include the nature and intended use as well as an opportunity for the parent to prevent the use of the information and participation in the activity.
4. We will provide the parent a description of the specific types of personally identifiable information collected from their child upon request. We will allow the parent to refuse further use or future online collection of personally identifiable information and provide a way for a parent to obtain any personally identifiable information collected from their child.
5. We will provide notice to children in age appropriate terms of what personally identifiable information is to be collected.
6. We will NOT provide any links to Web sites that are unsuitable for children.
7. We will encourage children to get their parent’s permission before sharing personal information online. Any questions regarding the information we collect from children or our parental consent policy should be directed to:
The Munce Group
415 Second Street
Indian Rocks Beach, FL 33785