Start with the SIMPLE
People often ask, “What is God’s will for my life?” The best place to begin is to simply do the things that are obviously God’s will FIRST. Here is a list of the key verses that contain the phrase, “This is God’s will”:
SIMPLY ask yourself, am I…
- Saved—This is good, and pleases God our Savior, who wants all men to be saved and to come to a knowledge of the truth (1 Timothy 2:3-4).
- Spirit-filled—Do not get drunk on wine, which leads to debauchery. Instead, be filled with the Spirit (Ephesians 5:18).
- Sanctified—Therefore, I urge you, brothers, in view of God’s mercy, to offer your bodies as living sacrifices, holy and pleasing to God—this is your spiritual act of worship. Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will (Romans 12:1-2).
- Sexually Pure— It is God’s will that you should be sanctified: that you should avoid sexual immorality (1 Thessalonians 4:3).
- Saying Thanks—Give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus (1 Thessalonians 5:18).
- Suffering for Right—It is better, if it is God’s will, to suffer for doing good than for doing evil (1 Peter 3:17). So then, those who suffer according to God’s will should commit themselves to their faithful Creator and continue to do good. (1 Peter 4:19).
- Seeking God—Blessed are they who keep his statutes and seek him with all their heart (Psalm 119:2). I love those who love me, and those who seek me find me (Proverbs 8:17). But if from there you seek the Lord your God, you will find him if you look for him with all your heart and with all your soul (Deuteronomy 4:29).
Life can be SIMPLE. Do the obvious first, then God will reveal more light for the next step. God moves us from the known (His Word) to the unknown (His Will for us) when we are already doing His Will.
The best way to know God’s will for tomorrow is to do God’s will today!
Pam Farrel, relationship specialist, international speaker, Co-director of Love-Wise, author of 44 books including bestselling Men Are Like Waffles, Women Are Like Spaghetti and her newest: 7 Simple Skills for Every Woman: Success in Keeping It All Together. www.Love-Wise.com