The Best Presents Are Free
by Darlene Franklin
The best Christmas presents I received last year didn’t take any money, only a little time wrapped up in love, whether on heaven or on earth. I turned out the nightlight and breathed a sigh of contentment.
- A grandmother/grandchild hug that lasted forever
- Playing Christmas carols with friends until my heart broke with joy and I cried
- Celebrating the fact God chose to be a baby born to die
- A kind, pleasant nursing home staff who worked on their holiday to take care of me
- Personal well-wishes of friends from across the globe thanks to the internet on Christmas Day
- A hard-fought-for hope and peace for the New Year
- Happiness when my roommate received a rare Fed-Ex package on December 25
Share as many of these kinds of gifts as often as you can with as many people as you can.
Written by Darlene Franklin, the author of Praying through the Bible in a Year (Barbour Publishing, November 2018). Best-selling hybrid author Darlene Franklin has published more than 50 unique fiction titles and nonfiction titles. Her monthly column appears in five monthly venues (including Oklahoma Senior News and Living).