The Great Escape
0 comments Posted on June 14, 2019
by Cheri Cowell
Are you planning a road trip with your family this summer? Are you dreading the long car rides with children in tow? Try turning that boring ride into a Great Escape by using these escape hatch ideas:
- Create an index card for each car day for each child with the Great Escape instructions for the day.
- Choose one of the stories and have them look up the Scripture. If you have the Bible on audio, they can listen to the Scripture.
- Have them do the activity and the craft project for the chosen Scripture. Fill a bag with supplies needed to keep them busy.
- Finally, discuss how your family getaway is a Great Escape with God when you apply the lessons from Scripture.
- Jacob (Gen. 31:1-50) – For a craft, click here. Activity: when you stop for breaks, look for rocks to build an altar when you get to your final destination.
- Spies (Joshua 2:1-24) – For a craft, click here. Use several red cords to make bracelets or hair ribbons. Activity: Play I spy.
- Peter (Acts 12:1-11) – For a craft, click here. Activity: Learn a new family prayer.
- Paul/Silas (Acts 16:22-34) – For a craft, click here. Activity: Play a children’s worship CD and sing along—at the top of your lungs.