The Story Behind the Story in Carrie Fancett Pagels’ novel The Blue Ribbon Brides

11 comments Posted on December 15, 2016

12-15-mtl-intersection

• 12/15/2016
    RoryLynn Lemond said:

All of us I think have lost people we loved to other circumstances for me I too thought I would never marry so I married a man who was not good for me and I left after 13 years. I finally remarried to my husband now and we have been together for 3o years of ups and downs… this is the one for life.

• 12/15/2016
    Carrie Fancett Pagels said:

RORY, I am glad God brought you your special soul mate! Thanks for coming by!

• 12/15/2016
    Carrie Fancett Pagels said:

Thanks for having me on MTL!!! And thank you to Cynthia Ruchti for suggesting that I do a column. I pray my post will bless people!

• 12/15/2016
    Robin Bunting said:

Wow, what a story. Being sure we are in God’s will is so important. Thank you, Carrie, for sharing.

• 12/15/2016
    Ladette said:

Thank you for sharing a part of your story Carrie!! I LOVE getting to know authors better… I feel like it gives a little insight into their writing. I love quilts. No one in my family quilts (or ever has that I know of), but I do!! I am a basic, beginner, novice — whatever the most beginner is. I have made several lap quilts and either tied them or quilted them simply and I made one large (full-sized?) quilt that I hand quilted. My mother-in-law still uses it today and it always blesses me to see it out and being used. No matter my skill, I sure love to see other’s handiwork.

• 12/15/2016
    Andrea Byers said:

Thank you so much for sharing Carrie! I enjoyed reading about the story behind the story. God continue to bless you and your wonderful stories.

• 12/15/2016
    Tina Rice said:

Thanks for sharing the story behind the story. Your story in the Blue Ribbon Brides is a wonderful story.
    Blessings, Tina

• 12/15/2016
    Carrie Fancett Pagels said:

LADETTE, I wish I could quilt. But my RA and my poor vision don’t allow it. It’s only with God’s help that I can write! PTL He’s given me a lot of help with that!

• 12/15/2016
    Carrie Fancett Pagels said:

ROBIN, we’re going to miss out on the blessings if we don’t walk in God’s will, that’s for sure. I’m blessed I finally had the husband He had planned for me! Thanks for commenting!

• 12/15/2016
    Carrie Fancett Pagels said:

TINA, So glad you got to met my “handsome chauffeur” in MD this summer! He’s a keeper, for sure! Hugs!

• 12/16/2016
    Carrie Fancett Pagels said:

ANDREA, I think that is why MTL Magazine has started this column! People really do enjoy hearing “the story behind the story.” Thanks for visiting!