The Story Behind the Story of Sarah Sundin’s Novel When Tides Turn

9 comments Posted on March 30, 2017

3.30.17 Newsletter

• 03/30/2017
    Mary Hamilton said:

Bravo, Mom!! A job well done (both writing and launching your son). –from a Marine mom who understands

• 03/31/2017
    Sarah Sundin said:

Thank you, Mary! Bravo to you too – and to your son!

• 03/31/2017
    Karen Barnett said:

“Chewed his cheese slices into gun shapes.” Lol! I can totally picture that. Will we moms ever understand these boy children? My 17-year-old is the opposite. He refuses to talk to recruiters because he can’t imagine himself in any job where people could end up shooting at him. God sure has different paths for each of us, doesn’t He?

• 03/31/2017
    Tisha said:

What a beautiful story. Touched my heart. May the Lord protect Matthew along the way and be a comfort to you and your family.

• 03/31/2017
    Karen Lyles said:

I love your stories, Sarah, and I love all the background that you put into them. I like how you even bring back characters, but we really don’t need to know them from another book to be able to enjoy the one we are reading now. You are an amazing, gifted writer. My sister-in-law is also a writer, Rebecca Carey Lyles, who wrote the Winds of Wyoming, the Winds of Freedom, and the Winds of Change. Her latest is Winds of Hope. I shared your books with her when we were together this past week.

• 03/31/2017
    Kathy West said:

I enjoyed this story. Yes, it it so hard when kids grow up. Remembering blessings helps, and watching them thrive is precious.

• 04/01/2017
    Debora Wilder said:

I know just how hard it is to let them go as well as to adjust to the military “lingo”. It was a wonderful adventures for me when I joined the Air Force. Then when our son joined the Army I went through a whole different set of emotions.

Well done!

• 04/01/2017
    Sarah Sundin said:

Karen B. – love it! Yes, I love how God made us all wildly different!
    Tisha – thank you 🙂
    Karen L. – thank you! I’m so glad you’re enjoying the stories. I’ll have to look into your sister-in-law’s books!
    Kathy – so right! There’s truth in that old maxim to count your blessings!
    Debora – for you it must have been even more poignant, because you’d know what he was going through! And yes, the military lingo. A conversation with my son is like swimming in alphabet soup!

• 04/03/2017
    Susan K. Stewart said:

As writers, we often think and pray about the impact of our words on our readers. We don’t realize, or think about, the impact on our family members. Your post has sparked me to re-think my audience.